If you have questions about the BAK LiiOn—our newest battery-powered hand welder—you’ve come to the right place. Check out the FAQs below to find answers to all your questions.
BAK LiiOn Presentation
|Power Consumption Watts||1,200|
|Static Pressure||ca. 1,600|
|Measurements mm||100 x 340, handle ∅ 56|
|Weight lb||3.3 (heat gun only), 16.5 (total)|
How to Use
The BAK Liion is used for plastic welding projects that involve thermoplastics like TPO and PVC—like roofing, flooring, tarping, plastic fabrication, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Is the BAK LiiOn Used?
Here’s how to operate the BAK LiiOn.
- Connect the tool to the port on the battery.
- Start the battery. The battery percentage will appear on the screen. You’ll also hear the tool’s fan operating.
- Toggle the switch at the bottom to the on position.
- Adjust the heat accordingly using the red dial on the bottom. This number depends on the amount of heat required for the project at hand.
- When done welding, turn the red dial all the way to reduce the temperature setting.
- Toggle the switch at the bottom to the off position.
- Allow the unit to cool typically 3-5 minutes
- Shut the battery off after cooling is complete
2. How Long Does It Run?
The BAK LiiOn’s run time depends on a few factors:
- The material being welded
- How much heat is needed
- Which nozzle is being used
- What the temperature is outside
3. Can I Use a Regular Welder With the Battery?
No, the BAK LiiOn battery pack cannot power a standard hand welder because the connectors aren’t compatible. The BAK LiiOn has a specialized connector that limits what can be plugged into it.
The BAK LiiOn also features two-way communication between the tool and the battery pack, which provides battery life updates mid-weld. When the device reaches 5% battery life, the device automatically shuts the heat off to the hand welder to allow the unit to cool.
4. How Long Does It Take to Charge?
The BAK LiiOn’s average charge time is two hours, and the battery temperature needs to be between 33° and 104° Fahrenheit. The battery pack has roughly 3,000 charge cycles, meaning you can charge it 3,000 times over its lifespan before you experience a noticeable decline in battery life.
Ultimately, the charge time depends on what battery percentage is left before you charge it. The more battery left before charging, the less time the device will take to charge. The less battery left before charging, the more time the device will take to charge.
It is very important to allow the battery to charge until the charger light turns from red to green, even if the battery says it is 100% charged. Typically, it takes an additional 20-25 minutes to condition the battery for maximum battery life. Skipping this step will shorten the run time of the battery.
5. How Much Does It Weigh?
Altogether, the BAK LiiOn weighs 16.5 pounds. The battery weighs between nine and ten pounds, and the welder itself weighs just over three pounds.
6. Is It Better Than Classic Heat Guns?
When compared to traditional heat guns, the BAK LiiOn battery heat gun offers a few distinct benefits.
- Enhanced Flexibility: As a portable heat gun, the BAK LiiOn offers greater flexibility for turns and tight corners.
- Greater Convenience: Equipped with a built-in battery pack, the BAK LiiOn doesn’t require an external power supply, making it better for on-the-go use.
- Quicker Heat Time: The BAK LiiOn reaches the desired temperature quicker than other models.
7. Is BAK’s portable Heat Gun Better Than Competitors?
Here are the top five reasons why the BAK LiiOn is better than the leading competitors, like the Steinel Mobile Heat 3.
- More Lightweight: The rechargeable battery pack can be stored conveniently in the accompanying backpack.
- More Efficient: It features 360-degree rotation, meaning you don’t have to reposition your arm mid-weld. This feature reduces errors and injuries.
- Longer Run Time: This model can run for up to 45 minutes before needing to be recharged.
- Safer: Its constant, unrestricted airflow prevents overheating and boosts productivity.
- More Reliable: This model has a higher wattage that lasts longer.
8. Is the BAK LiiOn Portable Heat Gun Worth It?
As experts in the plastic welding industry, we’ve had the opportunity to work with a very wide range of heat guns. We not only compared the BAK LiiOn with other heat guns but also against competitors and the results are in. The BAK LiiOn is worth the hype.
This battery-powered heat gun is powerful, offering high power for efficient welds. While not designed to be the sole welder for large plastic welding projects, the BAK LiiOn hot air gun is ideal for quick repairs and finishing touches.
9. Where Can I Buy the BAK LiiOn?
Wondering where you can purchase your very own BAK LiiOn?
- Contact your Hapco regional sales manager to locate participating distributors in your area. The distributors will provide information on pricing, availability, and more.
- Visit our website to view all BAK tools, battery packs, and other items. You can also request a product quote here.
Get the BAK LiiOn Today
If you’re ready to complete your plastic welding projects more efficiently and with greater ease, you need the BAK LiiOn. This battery-powered heat gun is expertly designed to make all your projects more convenient and efficient from start to finish. Click the button below to shop now.
Comments are closed.