The HT-71002 heat gun is designed to operate in a potentially hazardous and explosive environment as spelled out in the United States Department of Defense MIL-STD-810E. Thousands of these heat tools are in service today with the U.S. Department of Defense and all major aircraft manufacturers.
Applications include—heat shrinkable tubing, commercial roofing, sleeve electrical connectors soldering, drying and curing. The HT-71002 welding gun is also perfect for a variety of repair applications such as:
- Gas and Diesel fuel pillow tanks and liners
- Methane active landfill cover systems
- Primary and Secondary spill containment systems including Railroad – Airline and other Industrial applications
The HT 71002 BAK heat gun is a self-contained ruggedized plastic welding gun that is comprised of a high-impact housing, encapsulated thermal control electronics, and a high resistance electric heat element with a graduated vernier temperature range control ambient to approximately 975 degrees Fahrenheit. The operator need not return to the control unit to make temperature adjustments to the welding gun.
In addition to the safety airflow interlock in the control unit, this BAK heating gun incorporates two additional safety features to protect the heating element:
- A sealed klixon, which shuts down the the heat gun in the event of over-temperature.
- A photocell monitors the brightness of the element to control temperature linearity and also shuts down the welding gun if the element is too bright. This could occur in the event the air/nitrogen supply is interrupted, cut off or the air supply line has become obstructed. These features are a backup to the airflow sensor in the control unit.
This hand welder is, therefore, a great choice for enhanced performance and temperature control. Contact us for more information.